Friday, August 17, 2007

For my Sweet- A Poetry



My Sweet,
Dreams will fade
Like the rose that loses color
Thinking of me today is impermanent
Thoughts will not last forever.

Do not dream of me
Nor caress me in your arms
Cast me away from your reverie
Do not be deceived by my charm.

I am for your eyes only
To see and behold
To behold minus dreaming
To see minus bewitching.

Words are painful to speak,
Promises easy to break
Thus this admonition is for you
I was me, I am me, you should know.

Hurting you is not my intention
Give up your imaginings, move on.
Amiable you are, a person who’s free
There is more in the world than just me.

You are YOU not because I am
You are YOU because you are
You dream yours not mine –
Mine are often thorny, mostly far.

I do not believe in dreams; it fades
Like the rose that loses color
Thinking is impermanent
Thoughts may not last forever.

ANAND

No comments: