Saturday, August 25, 2007

Minnal- The Lightening...

This song may not be a great one. But...it strikes my heart like a lightening...
I happened to hear this song years back when I was in Chennai, and the first time I heard it, I fell in love with. The music is so melodious as well as the lyrics. There is a history behind this song which very few know. The director of the film was dissatisfied with the original lyrics written by the lyric writer. Then, the director asked his assistant to do something. The assistant director wrote the new lyrics within an hour, which the director approved. This song became a hit in those days and still loved by many including myself. Later, this film was remaked into other Indian languages. Years have come and years have gone...yet...wherever I am, when I hear this song, I am taken aback...

No comments: