Monday, August 27, 2007

A shopping nightmare


People celebrate this Onam with full vigour. Chikun Gunea, corruption, poverty, all combined into one...unity in diversity or what I call equality. I thought of buying something for this Onam and I headed towards Big Bazzar, the shopping mall. Men, women, children, roadside hawkers, beggars, policemen with pot-belly, pick-pockets, male and female sex-workers, the roads were too crowdy. And I could not even fit my legs on the ground. I was taking great care not to miss my money and the mobile phone. People were pushing in and out eachother. As usual I was trying to walk like a cyclone, and all my strength could not give me the ground. Suddenly, I was being pushed down from the walkway, into the road. To get a balance I was trying to hold on something. My right hand grasped on something so tightly and I got the much needed balance.

Then...I was becoming aware of something unusual in my hand. Some pleasant softness..Something too soft...something so tender... an unusual feeling of tenderness... I was trying to find out what that was. To my unexpected horror, I found that it was a pretty young girl`s bosom, which I was cupping and squeezing with my hand. I was taken aback with a mild fear. It was an accidental grasp, but, here, in India, people usually create so much fuss at such things. If the girl creates an issue out of this? I could not imagine the climax even in my wildest dreams. I tried to leave the spot like a jet plane...with much ado I left the place and ran into the Big Bazzar..then only my heartbeat became normal.



My plan was to buy some jeans for me. There were thousands of jeans in that mall. But not even a single jeans were of good quality. In Kerala, it`s easier to fool Keralites albeit they seem to be intelligent with their 100% litercay. The Big Bazzar mall is fooling the Keralites. They will talk as if they are giving away every items in the mall for free. Actually the quality of their products is inferior and also you pay much more than the original price in the end. I have been to almost all the Big Bazzar malls in India, and the staffs there are so arrogant that I always felt like slapping their face.

They will even given you a gift voucher which is another way of attracting and fooling customers.
I spent nearly two hours and I selected three jeans of various colours. I went into the trial room to put on the cloths. I found out that the jeans were damaged ones. I threw them back into the shelf and left the mall cursing them for wasting my precious time.
This mall sells things of inferior quality and they claim they sell at cheaper rates. But, actually they are fooling the idiotic Keralites. Long live Maavali, Long live Onam, Long live idiotic Malayalees...

No comments: