Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Adieu my dear...


Today it rained heavily. In the early hours of the morning, I lay on my bed, so lazily. My mind was running to and fro into so many things. I was thinking of the day I went to the hospital...
How life changes! How life evolves!
I hate hospitals, especially I hate the particular odour thats usual in hospitals. Hospitals doesn`t cure sickness but make the people more sick. And, I hate the doctors cheating people for money and also those who prescribe unnecessary medicine. So, I have rarely been to a hospital.

That day I have to go to the hospital...to seem...I got his call...
He lay there on the bed...paralysed. It`s a blood clot in the brain and one of his leg and a hand has been paralysed. I sat there near him without knowing what should I talk or what should I do. Comforting him with words or kind is of no use. It`s the end of his life...everything about him is coming to an end. I sat there near him, and my memories ran back towards the good old days.
In those days I use to envy him for so many things. He was so handsome and intelligent. Lots and lots of girls and women use to wait for his eyes. Not only that, there were lot of things about him that any man would envy. He possessed much mental as well as physical strength.

When I was reeling into those good old days, one of his hand grasped my muscular right arm... "Ormayundo, endethum ithu pole alle undaayirunnathu?" (Do you remember, mine was also like this), he asked me. The next moment my eyes were in tears, and I tried to hide the tears. What life is this? How come such a great life has ended into a disaster? I have been a witness to so many lives...

I sat near him for hours...he was blabbering so many things... but, I was in my own world. In my world everyone lived so happily, so healthy and loving eachother. But, in the real world things are so different. Sickness, loneliness, poverty, war and much more... there will be no end to all these.
I got up, held his hand for sometime...bid him adieu...without any hope of seeing him ever again...

No comments: