Friday, September 21, 2007

India Shining: A follow-up



I have received so many e-mails regarding my previous blog post- India Shining. Some of them criticising me so harshly and some of them supporting my viewpoint. I wish to clarify my stand. Before writing that blog post I had gone into all aspects of our Foreign Exchange policy/IMPEX policy and its impact on India. I have high regard for all countries, all cultures and I advocate a single country/single government for the whole world and also a single currency like Euro. I have been harsh in my comments on America, and I accept that. I am really sorry if I hurt people but I have my own reason for being so harsh on America. I am against certain policies of the American government and I am not against American people or any individual or America itself. I think, first I shall answer Mr.Naveen who wrote me the following comments:

"It can with stand further rupee appreciation.Because importers don't have cheaper,quality alternatives" - Really? Have you considered that a cheaper dollar will also make United States Commodities/goods/software cheaper and hence increase competition for our software makers? What about the very generous salary rises that SW professionals get every year? Can these companies afford it anymore without squeezing their margins?
Have you considered that at one Rupee = One US dollar, Money supply also has to decline and then we wont be receiving our salaries in lakhs. They will
probably be @ the level of 75,000 INR just as in the US which would leave us no better than we are today. In fact in a country where 500 million survive on less than 2 USD this will be disaster.
And finally, if exports stop where will jobs come from? Who will create jobs? The government? Who will hire the thousands of engineers & MBA's graduating from our colleges? Man, Don't oppose the US for the sake of opposition. Have the mentality of live and let live. Will the world be a better place if china and India become superpowers? Whats your point?
Mr. Naveen,

I shall answer your queries one by one. I will be back...






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.